• BASF Battery Materials, G-CCB/XM, aims at strengthening BASF’s position as a leader in the Battery Materials industry. Asia is a critical market for BASF Battery Materials; containing the HQ’s of our biggest potential customers, a hotbed of innovation and growth by some of our fiercest competitors and a key crossroads in the global battery materials supply chain.
• For this purpose, G-CCB/XM is expanding its team to generate business in the Lithium Ion Battery value chain, strengthen it’s position as a cathode active material (CAM) supplier for electric vehicles. Both commercial marketing activities as well as preparation and subsequent implementation of regional strategy projects shall be supported through a Regional Marketing Team for Battery Materials in APAC. You will become part of this team and report to the Regional Marketing Head in Shanghai, China.
• You will create transparency and intelligence on battery materials markets of the responsible countries in APAC and the underlying competitive landscape (Market and Competitive Intelligence)
• You will generate and together with product management implement a value pricing strategy to direct and support the regional Sales and Business Development organization in terms of their price setting (Value Pricing)
• You will create commercial excellence for the APAC business unit (Commercial Excellence)
• You will analyze and prioritize customers by means of attractiveness and needs-based customer segmentations (Customer Segmentation)
• You will support global strategy activities as defined in CC/S, e.g. SBU strategies, CoS and CoF (Capital) projects, strategic relevant market analyses, by providing local input from the APAC region and subsequent implementation under the functional leadership of Global Marketing Battery Materials (G-CCB) (Strategy Support and Implementation)
• You will work on business plans to support project economics under guidance of Global/Regional Marketing Battery Materials (G-CCB) and Global Strategy (CC/S) (Regional Strategy Projects)
• After having successfully completed your master or bachelor studies in chemistry/chemical engineering, business administration or a related discipline, you gained several years of work experience; work experience within the Lithium Ion Battery value chain or even in the battery materials market is a plus
• You have the breadth and energy to understand the evolving details of a complex market combined with the clarity of thought to distil this story into key recommendations for the business
• You have acquired first hand experience in Business and/or Consulting
• You have strong strategic and analytical skills.
• You bring a diverse background into the team and enjoy working collaboratively and can drive results across a global team.
• You are fluent in English and able to communicate well in Chinese.
• You are willing to travel (<30%) primarily in the North East Asia (China, Korea, Japan) region and within the GBU Battery Materials organization.