- Drive Social Engagement activities and stakeholder relations in Greater China including disciplinary leadership of the respective team.
- Provide social engagemconsultancy for the business and functional leaders in China
- Conceptualize and ensure implementation of social engagement activities (Corporate Citizenship and Starting Ventures) in Greater China. Support major sites in China to set up and implement Community Advisory Panel (CAP) activities
- Oversees company website, GC local reporting and develop case studies, presentations, internal and external events/stories on sustainability and social engagement.
- Build and strengthen relationships with company’s stakeholders with focus on NGOs, industry associations, neighbors and officials.
- Protect and defend BASF’s reputation by strategic issue management, effective communication of critical topics.
- Support governmental relations and business-driven advocacy initiatives in regard to communication measures
- Enhance company’s sustainability leadership through partnership with and/or speaking opportunities at global and local organizations such as UN organizations, Chinese authorities and industry associations, EU and German Chambers.
- Identify platforms to improve BASF’s public recognition in areas of sustainability and social engagement
- Develop people and enhance team competencies to build a strong CA team, and continuously improve efficiency and observe cost discipline
- Over 10 years’ experience in sustainability, corporate social responsibility, communications with at least 3 years in leadership position
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Track record of planning and implementing sustainability projects and well connected with relevant organizations
- Deep understanding of current sustainability and CSR trends. University degree in relevant disciplines etc Communication