Commercial Manager 商务经理
工作职责• The role manages and coordinates the daily PGM trading activities between external & internal customers, trading counter-parties, and other CCM trading offices to reach or exceed business profitability targets. The incumbent communicates, implements and monitors Group & BU-specific policies and ensures that business is conducted within Corporate guidelines.
• The Commercial Manager establishes, maintains, and expands relationships with customers, relevant partners, and stakeholders in China. Manages CCM relationships with all automotive OEMs in China
.• Responsible for supporting the procurement of precious metals for all China-based PGM metal needs (> 700k Toz per year).
• Trading- Manage and coordinate the metal/FX hedging activities with global/regional dealing teams; ensure compliance with assigned FX and position limits.- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships at senior levels with relevant Chinese commodities exchanges, government bodies, and other local/international counter-parties.- Maintain relationships with potential banking counterparties to monitor market developments and to optimize China hedging activities/costs.• Commercial / Sales- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with counterparties across the entire PGM value chain in China (customers, suppliers, competitors, etc) to enhance understanding of local market dynamics. Establish and grow metals sales and leasing business in Greater China.- Manage external relationships with all automotive OEM accounts in China. Represent CCM at automotive forums and OEM supplier days.- Develop, present, and negotiate potential PGM Models for local and international OEMs to secure combined platform wins for CCM+CCE in China. Travel internationally as required to support such proposals.- Initiate, negotiate and execute sales contracts with customers. Work with CCM global commercial teams, company GKAMs, and legal teams to align local contracts with CCM/company best practices and global contracts.
• Commercial / Sales (contd)- Regularly present precious metals Supply-Demand and Market Updates to customers to (1) promote company/CCM as a market/thought leader and; (2) to reinforce the value proposition of CCM, thereby maintaining or expanding CCM profit margins in China
.• Marketing and Strategy- Monitor China automotive market trends and support global market intelligence initiatives on PGM supply/demand analysis. Develop and share recommendations to global commercial team and leadership.- Monitor China tax and customs regimes to understand government actions that may impact supply and profitability for company in China; communicate impact of such actions to the global team and develop mitigating steps.- Participate in conferences, meetings, and other trade events. Represent CCM with Team Automotive China.- Provide input from a Regional perspective on key CCM global Strategic Projects. Identify challenges and propose solutions to ensure smooth execution of such projects in China.- Participate in annual business planning/budget processes by providing forecasts and insights based on local market knowledge
.• Procurement / PM Supply- Support the procurement of PGM supply for China-based precious metals needs (> 700k Toz per year). Optimize daily sourcing needs with a specific focus on securing the most cost-efficient & favorable terms for company.- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with local sourcing channels in China.- Working closely with customers, and internal teams (Operations, Trading, Supply Chain, Manufacturing), manage China flywheel and physical metal stock levels to reduce costs.- Advise and communicate regularly with global Trading teams to optimize global flywheel and profitability for company; balancing local vs global sourcing.- Interact closely with China Trading Operations and Finance Teams to complete daily commercial tasks.- Develop and execute PGM models and supply chains for the optimization of CCE needs in Asia.
• Risk management- Manage CCM credit application process, including AML, on responsible counterparties. Monitor credit exposure and manage credit risk of relevant counterparties on a daily basis.- Identify potential risks and suggest mitigation measures impacting BMSL’s P&L
• Education: Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance, Business Management, Science/Engineering; knowledge in chemistry/engineering would be a plus
• Working Experience: At least 10 years of experiences in commodity sales/trading/purchasing in global/regional organization; sales & marketing experiences in automotive/chemical industry in China required
.• Technical & Professional Knowledge: Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills; Strong numerical & analytical skills• Demonstrated ability to recognize, structure, negotiate and document profitable transactions
.• Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
.• Familiarity with all facets of a trading operation and associated risk management.• Understand market microeconomics, PGM market trends/behavior and use this info to create “own” view on PGM market development and price trends
• Demonstrated ability to employ superior communication, interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and presentation skills, with the ability to interact with key decision makers at all levels at both customers and internal management, including senior management levels
.• Willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time and internationally as required.