• Coordinate/manage testwork and engineering deliverables for various company projects in the field of battery materials production (recycling, MHP refining, etc.).
• Specifically, in respect of Moon Orchid project: Contribute to, and review of engineering contractor/JV partner deliverables in respect of the BMR plant – requires to be imbedded in the project team office (location TBD). This will involve, amongst others:
o Mass and heat balance
o Process design criteria
o Process flow diagrams
o Piping and Instrumentation diagrams
o Equipment lists and data sheets
o Plant layouts and engineering drawings
o Compilation of capex and opex
o Financial modelling of project
• Work closely with other Owner’s Team members and engineering disciplines to fully execute various trade off studies, feasibility studies, basic and detailed engineering phases of the projects.
• Creates and maintains applicable project documentation; prepare periodic reports for management, the project Steering Committee and other governance bodies.
• Contribute to the applications for project Initial and Final Approval.
Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of combined experience in operations, engineering, R&D or technology field.
• Specific experience:
o Leaching plant design, commissioning, operations is required.
o Base metals refinery plant design, commissioning, operations required.
o Feasibility studies and detailed engineering of hydromet projects required.
o Capex, opex estimation, as well as financial modelling capability/experience required.
o METSIM simulation experience would be an added advantage.
• Project Management: Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a workstream that is part of a complex project involving technical and commercial aspects; knowledge of project management processes and project execution best practices.
• Technical: Ability to manage opportunity and risk at the interface of technical and business topics; understand and communicate implications of one on the other.
• Communication and Influencing:
• Fluent in Mandarin and English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in matrixed, global environments across multiple time zones, successfully engaging across the organization to drive business results. Interact with, and influence key people both within the company and externally, through superior communication, interpersonal influencing, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Travel: Willing and able to travel up to 35% of the time within China and SE Asia.