• BS degree in Engineering required (Mechanical / Systems discipline preferred)
• At least 8 – 10 years of engineering experience in connector industry
• Basic knowledge of high speed signal transmission.
Must have demonstrated experience in the following:
• Fundamental understanding of connector design and mechanical assembly and/or manufacturing techniques
• Design for Manufacturing (DFM) review, preparation, and presentation to address customer design, engineering, and manufacturing requirements
• Detailed understanding of manufacturing processes to include stamping, molding, plating, and automated product assembly
• Experience in development engineering and participation in full product development cycle
• Demonstrated proficiency in 3D Design Applications, ProE or Spaceclaim preferred, ANSYS simulation beneficial
• Strong interpersonal communication and teaming skills
• English language is a must to working with a global team or customers in both written and oral communication.
• SI (Signal Integrity) related design experience in high speed signal transmission is a strong plus
• Thermal management experience in high speed signal transmission is another strong plus
• Familiarity of switch, server equipment is preferred.
Key Goals & Objectives/Measurements
• On time delivery design with quality & cost target
• Innovative platform design thinking
• Responsible for product development from market definition through production and release.
• Performs activities concerned with design, development, manufacturing and testing.
• Conceives ideas for new products, and use the engineering tools to create models and drawings, introduce your concept to team and work with the team to develop an acceptable concept into practical product.
• Determines specifications, performs engineering analyses, makes preliminary sketches and design, coordinate and support operations such as fabrication of prototypes and testing.
• Interacts with customers, vendors, marketing and sales personnel, and other engineering areas during the pre-production stages of new products.
• Define and develop new Power product concepts which provide technical or cost advantages to the customer in order to improve TE’s Data and Devices market position.
• Execute technical documentation to fully detail design drawings and requirements, engineering and product change notices, and design history files.
Interfaces with internal and external disciplines:
• Reporting and regular communication to the engineering manager or project manager.
• Provide cross disciplinary product related advice about technical and technical-commercial aspects
• Have regular discussions on progress, work implementation and problems, priorities, analysis, audit, CAE with other involved parties
• Advise and support manufacturing development team and plant with technical solutions
• Vendor liaison at all levels as required, contracting (through procurement) and consultancy
• Assess customer technical complaints and resolve design-related quality issues
• Adopt and adapt to relevant engineering standards and practices. Specifically, Underwriters Laboratory and Electronic Industries Alliance Standards or equivalent may be requirements in the power connector design process.
• Bring new technology of cages/high speed connector/thermal solutions into production